Full-time, permanent role.
You will be responsible for:
- Production and presentation of food for One Kitchen, its pop-up food outlets, for sale in One Market and catering for a range of public, private and corporate events.
- Assist the Head Chef in the day to day running of catering operations of the Kitchen, ensuring food is of a consistently high standard.
- Supervising kitchen staff and overseeing the day to day operations of the Kitchen, deputising in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Working with the Head Chef, prepare menu specification sheets, recording allergen data and develop the menu to meet the brand vision, reflecting customer trends and seasonal produce.
- Working closely with the front of house food and beverage operations and resolving the day-to-day issues which may occur.
- Ensuring that food and beverage operations are an integral part of the visitor experience that reflect the walled gardens and organisational values of a leading tourist destination.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of exceptional customer service with high presentation standards that consistently exceed our visitor expectations.
- Working proactively alongside One Garden Brighton and Plumpton College colleagues, volunteers and student to promote the brand, organisational values and our educational purpose.
- The promotion and responsibility for health & safety and food safety.
- Champion the efficient use of resources to minimise the carbon footprint of One Garden Brighton.
- Any other duties connected with the post as are reasonably required from time to time.
Essential criteria for the role:
- Skilled chef, experienced at working at a visitor attraction or a restaurant business.
- Good knowledge of the Brighton food scene and trends.
- Passion and creativity in the use of fresh local produce.
- Previous experience of supervising other kitchen staff, with good interpersonal skills and a confident communicator.
- Able to work flexibly, with regular weekend and bank holiday working, and ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
- Relevant qualifications in food hygiene and food safety.
Dimensions of the role:
Salary for role:
The Commercial manager for One Garden Brighton.
To apply send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.