Garden & Glasshouses
To volunteer in the gardens and glasshouses, you will be required to complete a FREE City & Guilds Level 1 Horticulture course. It is a 6-week course, the first week will be in the garden every day 10-3pm, and then weeks 2-6 will be a weekly 2-hourly volunteer slot based on your availability.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Varied horticultural practices on the One Garden Brighton site
- Assist with planting and establishing plants General upkeep of the public areas
- Production skills to produce plants for sale - Award in Retail
- Knowledge of plants in the garden for sale - Award in Customer Service
- Training on how to engage with our visitors
The course will be based at One Garden Brighton. Please see below for how to register. Please note if you have a Level 2 or above in a related field, the course is optional, and you can instead register directly as a gardens volunteer.
Our waitlist is currently full, check back for future opportunities to join this programme.