Learn how to work with coloured papers to create your very own domed miniature garden.
This a full day course in order to fit in all of the basic skills required to achieve good results for yourselves in the workshop and at home. We look at preparing papers, planning the cutting process, the role of flattening, layout and design options, successful laying out and attachment of the papercuts, the glueing process, and aftercare of your projects.
Whether you want a relaxing creative day or you want to learn the basic techniques to try out at home - this one-day workshop will help you to achieve successful and reliable results.
By the end of the day you will have:
- Learnt about materials and equipment required for papercut art
- Studied a range of examples for inspiration and understanding
- Observed a number of demonstrations for inspiration and understanding
- Created a miniature paper cut garden dome to take home with you
- Understood how to overcome cutting and glueing issues
This course will give you an excellent grounding in the principles and practice of botanical paper cutting.
What’s included in your ticket price?
- Coloured papers, you will be given your own personal box of paper to choose from but can also rummage through supplies of paper... there is a lot of paper to choose from
- All equipment, glues and sharp cutting tools are provided for your use
- 1 x clear dome and base. Additional domes, bases and cutting tools may be purchased if desired.
- A comprehensive e-handout of the techniques used in the workshop
- Aprons and gloves provided to protect your clothing and hands
Find out about Joanna Myles.